In this condition, the affected finger gets locked and release with popping noise. The ring and thumb are most commonly affected fingers.
- Pain at the palmar aspect
- Locking of the finger
- Repeated injury to finger.
- Seen in Diabetes, Kidney disease, thyroid disease, Rheumatoid arthritis.
- It occurs at A1 pulley where the space for the flexor tendon of the finger becomes narrow and gets struck while flexing the finger and doesn’t release.
- Pain killers
- Injection – corticosteroid
- If all above fails – Needle release or surgical release can be done.