Knee replacement surgery
How long would you want to endure pain?
When our knee incurs an injury or damage to the cartilage it results in acute knee pain. If untreated the pain gradually increases and results in severe pain. The pain never reduces with painkillers and physiotherapy thereby warrants for surgical intervention. The question here is how long one should suffer or remain with this knee pain?
Knowing when to go for knee replacement?
- Conditions like arthritis, osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid arthritis, post-traumatic arthritis caused by the damage to the articular cartilage
- Deformity caused by bow legs cause severe knee pain with age and can be corrected with knee replacement surgery
- Knee pain could get so agonizing over time that the person would feel depressed and will not be able to sleep or rest. Chronic knee inflammation does not visibly improve with medications, physiotherapy, over the counter medicines and ointments, then it’s time to seriously think about getting the knee replacement done
- The people suffering from knee pain will find it difficult to climb stairs, bend down and walk even a shorter distance. The right candidates for total knee replacement or partial knee replacement are people who endure persistent knee pain which doesn’t subside with non-surgical methods
- The knee could be basically compartmentalized into three parts; medial, lateral and patellofemoral. In case if only a single part of the knee is affected the patient could opt for partial knee surgery and if more than one compartment is affected total knee replacement could be the best option
Benefits of knee replacement
Pain due to arthritis disappears, patients walk pain-free, comfortably. It increases the mobility of the knee joint and makes the patient walk freely. Once the patients start walking it controls the blood pressure, Diabetes, Cholesterol and brings down body weight.
Importantly it corrects the limb alignment and improves the knee function.
Mahi clinic: is an Orthopaedic clinic in Chennai
Mahi Clinic is one of the foremost clinics to go for in case one is looking for knee replacement surgery. The clinic has two branches one is at Kilpauk and another at Sowcarpet, Chennai and is headed by reputed Orthopaedic surgeon Dr.Vijay Kumar. S. He is one of the renowned surgical experts in knee replacement surgery and a consultant at Fortis Malar Hospital, Chennai.